02038296672 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat & Sun 9am-5pm



To enable us to direct you to the right agent, please select from below


Skiing, Sports and Activities

Q: What sports, activities, winter sports are covered?

A: Snow-forecast Travel Insurance covers over 100 sports and activities as standard for no additional premium, and also offer you the option to extend your cover to include many more.

Q: Is scuba diving covered?

A: Yes, scuba diving up to 30m (with appropriate PADI or relevant qualification) is covered as standard on all of Snowforecast Travel Insurance policies. Your policy can be extended to cover dives to 40m by buying an activity extension top up. For more information visit the Options page of the quote process, or call Snow-forecast Travel Insurance on 020 382 966 72 .

Ages and Traveller Groups

Q: What is the definition of ‘family’?

A: Snow-forecast Travel Insurance define a family as two adults and their dependent children, where the children are under 18 years of age, living at home and in full time education.

Q: What is the definition of ‘child’?

A: Snow-forecast Travel Insurance define a child as someone under the age of 18 (at the time of purchase) who is in full time education and living at home.

Q: Are my partner or children able to travel without me as the Lead member travelling with them on our multi trip policy?

A: On Snow-forecast Travel Insurance Multi Trip policies, adults are covered to travel together and independently.

Children under 18 are not covered to travel independently unless they are travelling either to be with, or home after being with, an adult insured on the policy.

Q: What is the definition of a ‘couple’?

A: A couple is defined as two people in a romantic relationship, who have been living together at the same address as a couple for at least six months.

Q: Will Snow-forecast Travel Insurance insure me if I’m over 65?

A: Yes, Snow-forecast Travel Insurance Single trip policies cover travellers up to age 75 and up to age 70 on a multi trip policy.

Q: Can I insure my children on a policy without me?

A.We cannot issue policies to children aged 15 and under unless an adult is also named and insured on the policy. We might issue policies to children aged 16 – 17 without an adult being named on the policy, but only under certain circumstances, and they must always be travelling with an adult. Please contact the Snowforecast Travel Insurance UK based call centre on: <a ” href=”tel:02038296672″>02038296672.

Q: What can I do if I am older than the maximum age limit for the policy?

A: If you exceed the maximum age limit for one policy, Snow-forecast Travel Insurance may be able to offer you a different policy, for example a Single Trip instead of a Multi Trip. To discuss this further please contact the Snowforecast Travel Insurance UK based call centre on: 02038296672 .

Medical Conditions

Q: Will Snow-forecast Travel Insurance cover me if I have medical conditions?

A: Snow-forecast Travel Insurance is able to offer cover for hundreds of medical conditions. When you apply for a quotation, whether that is online or by phone, you will be taken through a medical screening. Snow-forecast Travel Insurance will advise of your cover straight away following this, so you don’t have to wait for a decision.

Q: If I need to seek treatment whilst abroad, do I have to pay for it there and then?

A: Snow-forecast Travel Insurance would always ask that for any Outpatient treatment, or bills that are £500 or less, that you pay for these and then claim the costs back when you return home.

It is important to ensure you have an itemised receipt for anything you pay out in relation to treatment in order for the claims team to be able to process the claim smoothly.

For any bills over £500, or for where you are hospitalised overnight, please contact the emergency medical assistance team as soon as possible as they can then liaise with your hospital directly.

Q: Am I allowed to travel on my policy whilst pregnant?

Snow-forecast Travel Insurance policies will cover you for emergency medical treatment for pregnancy and childbirth from week 0 to week 28 whilst you are away.

Once you reach week 29 until week 40, there is no cover for claims relating to normal pregnancy and normal childbirth or cancellation, however, medical expenses and cancellation cover will be provided if any of the following complications arise:

Toxaemia, Gestational hypertension, Ectopic pregnancy, Post-partum haemorrhage, Pre-eclampsia, Molar pregnancy or hydatidiform mole, retained placenta membrane, Placental abruption, Hyperemesis gravidarum, Placenta praevia, Stillbirth, Miscarriage, Emergency Caesarean, A termination needed for medical reasons, Premature birth more than 12 weeks (or 16 weeks if you know you are having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date.

Please note Snowforecast Travel Insurance will not cover denial of boarding by your carrier so you should check that you will be able to travel with the carrier/airline in advance as regulations vary from one carrier/airline to another.


Q: If I change my travel destination what do I need to do?

A: Contact the Snow-forecast Travel Insurance UK based call centre on 02038296672 and it can be arranged for this to be changed on your travel insurance policy.

Please note, some changes to geographical area will incur a fee.

Q: Am I covered for UK travel on my Multi trip policy?

A: Yes, as long as you are away for two nights or more and this was pre-booked.

Q: Is there any destination I am unable to travel to under your insurance?

A: Snow-forecast Travel Insurance does not provide any cover for travel to destinations deemed unsafe by the FCO.

For more information about your specific destination, please visit the FCO website.

Q: What is a hazardous activity?

A: This means anything that requires skill and could potentially increase risk of injury to you.

Snow-forecast Travel Insurance automatically covers 100 different sports and activities under your policy as standard.

You are able to purchase additional activity pack add-ons for your policy by contacting the customer service team at Snowforecast Travel Insurance.

Q: I have been abroad for the last six months, am I able to purchase this policy?

A: To be eligible for our insurance your main home must be in the UK or Channel Islands, and you must not have spent more than six months out of the country in the last twelve months.


As long as you meet these requirements you will be able to purchase a policy from Snow-forecast Travel Insurance. If you are a policy holder who is still away and would like to extend cover, please call the customer service centre.

Q: I am travelling today; can I purchase a policy?

A: Yes, provided you have not left the UK, you can purchase a policy via the customer service centre or online and receive immediate cover.

You can then receive a copy of your documents by email and print if necessary.

Q: What is an Excess?

An excess is the amount you have to pay towards any claim under the policy. The excess will be applied per person, per incident, per section claimed under.

Each claim is settled on its individual merits according to the terms and conditions of the policy wording, so it is difficult to show some exact examples.

However, when the appointed claims team receive a personal possession claim form, they first deduct any wear and tear costs from the amount to find the item’s current value.

They then apply the excess, and then apply the section or single article limit – both shown in your policy wording.

For more information, please feel free to contact Snow-forecast Travel Insurance with any queries.

Q: When does my policy start?

Your policy starts for cancellation cover the day of purchase on a single trip policy and from the start date if purchasing a multi trip.